Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blessing


I am taking a journey through the wilderness when I come across a fellow traveler who is suffering from exposure, hunger and thirst. I offer this stranger of what I have to provide - shelter, food and drink. The pride of the stranger gets in the way and refuses my assistance insisting on doing it all himself! He goes on his, way. The next day I come across the same stranger a little more worse for wear, again I offer assistance and again it is refused, he goes on his way. The next day I come across the same stranger, this time he is dead! Who's to blame? His salvation was within his grasp but for his own misguided reasons he rejected it! God's blessings flow without ceasing and are available 24/7 to all who will reach out and grasp them. Does this mean that if we do, we won't suffer? In this life we will always experience some suffering because it is the nature of this existence but we also have access to unlimited blessing, we have but to swallow our pride and reach out. Only then will we be at peace with the suffering that this life brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment